Road Blogged at Rush Hour

 

[=Archives=]
November 2003
December 2003
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
December 2009


[=Links=]
**DEXOTD**
Divya
Fathima
Gayathri
Sanjiv

Listed on BlogShares


[=Powered By=]


[=Designed By=]



[=Back Track=]
Troubles Of A Troubled Man(Read on till the end)


[=My Profile=]

Name: d_tox_ed
Home: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
About Me: I'm the Miltonian equivalent of what Shaw would've called a fustian magniloquent belligerent imbecile. (Fustian Magniloquenta Imbecelio Belligerentus). In other words, I'm the utopian loudmouthed idiot. A new breed altogether...but fun to have around.
See my complete profile


[=Visitor No=]



Troubles Of A Troubled Man(Read on till the end)

    Wednesday, December 03, 2003  

Guess I'm losing my mind....but that's nothing new. It started simply enough. As u all know, I was in Delhi, bride hunting (Matrix Style....which means I took my hard disk along. For the not so computer savvy, a hard disk is a rectangular box like thingy which among other things holds your fav songs etc etc.....no, it's not a cd wallet.....errr whatever). So when I got back I connected all my peripherals to my system. To my relief (which means I needed to go relieve myself).... the damn thing wouldn't run. There we go...I was quite thrilled. Now this was a challenge someone as techno savvy as an engineer (well almost) like me would relish. So I got down to disassembling and reassembling the whole thing (yes the hard disc too). I thought it simply needed a bath....it was too dirty...but of course, I'm not that foolish....i know you can't bathe electronic chips. So I cleaned up all the bits. That done, all that was needed was putting it back together again. Did someone say putting it back again??? Gee....Anyways, make the best of the situation they said....so I got down to the task as best as I could. When I was done, I only had 1 chip and 4 screws remaining, so I must've done pretty okay. Anyways, the system still wouldn't work. Just too bad....well, I swallowed my pride and called a guy from the next room. Luckily he managed to put it back together (I showed him the left over parts and said I must've forgotten to see those while I was putting it together *wink*). That done, I politely asked him to leave (with a gracious but jealous thanks mind you). Damn....the thing still wouldn't run. Kay...swallowed my pride a second time....twas gettin easier by the minute. I finally admitted to him that I couldn't get the darn thing to run. He looked around for a sec and said "Put on the power switch....lets see what the problem is." Errrr......power switch ;-)

I guess I'll do engineering all over again.

   [ POSTED BY d_tox_ed @ 5:06 AM ] [ 0 comments ]