Road Blogged at Rush Hour

 

[=Archives=]
November 2003
December 2003
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
December 2009


[=Links=]
**DEXOTD**
Divya
Fathima
Gayathri
Sanjiv

Listed on BlogShares


[=Powered By=]


[=Designed By=]



[=Back Track=]
The Knack Of Life


[=My Profile=]

Name: d_tox_ed
Home: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
About Me: I'm the Miltonian equivalent of what Shaw would've called a fustian magniloquent belligerent imbecile. (Fustian Magniloquenta Imbecelio Belligerentus). In other words, I'm the utopian loudmouthed idiot. A new breed altogether...but fun to have around.
See my complete profile


[=Visitor No=]



The Knack Of Life

    Wednesday, November 09, 2005  

The dictionary defines knack thus

knack - a clever, expedient way of doing something.
- a specific talent for something, especially one difficult to explain or teach.

Knack is such a lovely word to define what we do so easily. I have a knack of getting in trouble. I have an equally good if not better knack of getting out of it. Traffic has a knack of getting jammed. Roads have a knack of getting pot holed. Drivers have a knack of avoiding them. Politicians have a knack of pointing out that the holes actually look good on the roads. The highways department has a knack of maintaining the holes in the exact same spot they existed for years on end. The government has a knack of alloting a higher budget to the highways so that they can put more holes on roads and make it look even better. My bike has a knack of hitting all of them on my journeys just to make sure that the holes are nice and proper. Me? I did say I have a knack of getting in trouble. Won't do me good to have a knack of having more knacks. Who cares? Wanna know?

Me: I already seem to have developed a knack of driving into potholes and driving out with my limbs damaged and bandaged.

Highways Dept:- What pothole?

Muncipal Corporation:- What road?

Politicians:- It's the knack's fault.

The Government:- Druggie is apparently in league with knack. We will hold an enquiry.

The knack:- I've been tarnished enough already. No comments.

The nurse:- Lie still druggie and stop typing for gods sake!!! I gotta stitch your wound!!!!

The knack of life!!!

   [ POSTED BY d_tox_ed @ 9:38 AM ] [ 11 comments ]