Road Blogged at Rush Hour

 

[=Archives=]
November 2003
December 2003
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
December 2009


[=Links=]
**DEXOTD**
Divya
Fathima
Gayathri
Sanjiv

Listed on BlogShares


[=Powered By=]


[=Designed By=]



[=Back Track=]
Duh!!! and the Duh Duh Duh!!!!!!!


[=My Profile=]

Name: d_tox_ed
Home: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
About Me: I'm the Miltonian equivalent of what Shaw would've called a fustian magniloquent belligerent imbecile. (Fustian Magniloquenta Imbecelio Belligerentus). In other words, I'm the utopian loudmouthed idiot. A new breed altogether...but fun to have around.
See my complete profile


[=Visitor No=]



Duh!!! and the Duh Duh Duh!!!!!!!

    Thursday, February 23, 2006  

Nothing's infinite, except the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the first - Or so said Albert Einstein. You don't have to be Einstein to figure out that human stupidity is indeed infinite. Take Standard Chartered Bank for example. I called them up one day

Me: Hi, this is Druggie. I have a new StandChart Credit Card. I kinda shifted my house and never got my Card pins (all of them...netbanking, card pin, phone banking etc) in the process. Could I apply for a new one?
(After tons of verifications.....from What colour is your underwear.... to Who was your great grandad's first crush....sigh)
CCE (Cust Care Exec) : Certainly sir. That'll be 250 bucks.
Me: What for? I never got it the first time you sent it coz and it was already over 3 weeks late.
CCE: Sorry sir, we did send them. And it's standard rates for each application for a new set of pins.
Me: (Figuring I did shift anyway) Ok, no problem. Do it then.
CCE: I already did sir.
Me: After a long pause....so what are my Pins? Don't I get them?
CCE: Sorry sir, I can't reveal it to you over the phone. It'll be mailed to your address.
Me: !@#!@# (Silently) Well, do you know where I live?
CCE: Yes sir, we have your address in our records.
Me: Yes, but i told you I shifted. I don't live there anymore. I stay at XXX now.
CCE: I'm sorry sir, but as per bank records, we can only send it to the address we have with us.
Me: Well, then change that. I stay here now. Update your records and send it to me.
CCE: Sir, you'll need to update the address yourself through your netbanking logon.
Me: But I told you I lost my pins?
CCE: I'm sorry sir, then it'll be sent to the address we have and you can get that and logon.
Me: But why can't you send it to me?
CCE: Because if we send it to an address out of our records, we cannot guarantee that it will reach you. It may go to somebody else, and a pin is confidential.
Me: But listen up man, if you send it to the address you have, I CAN guarantee that it WON'T reach me and it WILL go to somebody else. What happends to your confidentiality then?
CCE: That is the procedure sir.
Me: God, I'm sick of this. I don't want a standard chartered card. Cancel it. I don't want to deal with this.
CCE: I'm sorry sir. I can't do that also. You'll have to submit your card to us after clearing all your unpaid dues.
Me: Unpaid dues? What unpaid dues? I never used this card?
CCE: I just billed you 250 for a new pin sir. You'll have to clear that and submit the card to us also at the time of cancellation.
Me: What the.....

Makes me wonder where the darn buggers will go looking for me if I disappear with 250 bucks in unpaid dues? The place where I stay or the place they have on their records.

   [ POSTED BY d_tox_ed @ 4:02 PM ] [ 5 comments ]